Keep your grow room clean! Clean everything (floors, walls,
scissors, buckets) with an antiseptic before you start. Never
allow domestic pets in there. Always take care when you enter
the room: Did you touch any animals? Did you walk through a garden?
Are your hands clean?
NEVER GIVE PESTS A CHANCE!
Don't fool yourself by saving money on:-
Provide sufficient ventilation. Allow for the entry of fresh
air by means of a large enough grill. Allow for exhaust air by
means of calculating the grow rooms volume (LxHxW in metres multiplied
by at least 20 air changes/hour) to determine what capacity fan
you should have in m3/hour.
- A good digital timeclock (it should have at least 12 programmes
for the pump, for the fans you can use a regular one)
- An aquarium air pump complete with airstone
- A pH and EC meter (if you handle them carefully, you will only
have to spend this money once)
- An aquarium water heater with twin glass sleeves.
- A submersible pump of approximately 4m3 / hour capacity plus
- A large water reservoir (ca.160 litres)
- An appropriate exhaust fan complete with charcoal filter to
expel undesirable odours.
You should prevent turning your lamps off and on more than once
per cycle. When High Intensity Discharge lamps are turned off,
they require about a 15 minute delay before they'll relight.
It is advisable to replace your bulbs after approximately 4 to
6 harvests. Although a lamp might burn for a 2 years it is advisable
not to wait until then because the lumen output will be reduced
to HALF the output of a new bulb.